Parents who wish to enroll their children in Christ the King Lutheran School must be willing to fully entrust their children to the Lutheran education our school offers and subscribe to the following provisions:
- Students must be three-years-old by August 31 to enroll in our Pre-K3 program. If a child turns three during the school year, they may then enroll in preschool; however, they may not enroll in Pre-K4 the following school year. Students interested in enrolling after January may be asked to wait until the following school year in the best interest of the student and the current students in the class.
- Students must be four-years-old by August 31 to enroll in our Pre-K4 program.
- Students must be five-years-old by August 31 to enroll in our kindergarten program.
- Students must be six-years-old by August 31 to enroll in our first grade program.
- Special exceptions to this policy may be made by the Board of Education upon recommendation of the principal (see the Preschool and Kindergarten Early Cut-Off Policy).
- Evidence of satisfactory scholastic and health records of a former school, such as final report card, will be required of all students who wish to enroll.
- As part of your enrollment process, Christ the King requires an application, a copy of a birth certificate, and a copy of your up-to-date immunization record card (or up-to-date waiver).
- All students (Preschool through 8th Grade) are required to enroll through TADS and complete a tuition agreement and payment setup.
- All students are subject to a six-week probationary period and may at any time, after due consultation between the school principal and the Board of Education, be placed at a more appropriate grade level or be released to another school.
- All students are to participate in the total curriculum of the school, including religion courses, memory work, and the like.
- To have a better understanding and appreciation for the principles that we use to guide our walk with the Lord and the Bible truths the children are learning on a daily basis, and to provide an opportunity to ask questions about the scriptural teachings their children are receiving, all non-congregational member parents are required to attend a Bible Information Class (BIC) during the first year in which their children are enrolled at Christ the King. Several BIC sessions will be scheduled in September. The exact time and dates will be arranged by the pastor and information will be disseminated through the school office.
The Board of Education admits children to Christ the King Lutheran School in the following order:
- Children whose parents are members of Christ the King Lutheran Church
- Children of members of congregations in fellowship with the Wisconsin Synod (sister congregations)
- Children whose parents are not members of any church.
- Children whose parents are members of other churches.
Christ the King Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan, athletic, and other school administered programs.
Children of non-congregational members may be asked to leave in any given year when the number of congregational member students enrolled exceeds our capacity.
A registration fee is due prior to enrollment. This fee is listed on the tuition schedule available from the office or on our website. This fee is used to cover the purchase of textbooks, workbooks, and some supplies. If the decision is made to not enroll after the registration fee has been paid, 50% of the fee will be refunded. After the first day of school, the fee is non-refundable.
The Board of Education is committed to maintaining a teacher/student ratio that facilitates effective learning. As such, to ensure that all returning non-congregational families have their children’s place reserved for the following school year, payment in full of the registration fee must be received by June 30. If the registration fee has not been received by June 30, then your children’s place will not be reserved and enrollment will be handled on a first come basis.
TADS Tuition Management
Our mission at Christ the King is to provide quality Christian Education. CtK has partnered with TADS, a third-party tuition management company, to assist us in the application, enrollment, and registration processes. Partnering with a third party for tuition management allows CtK to keep its primary focus on education rather than administration. Our relationship with TADS also allows families to submit an admission application quickly and provides parents with more payment options and methods of payment.
Tuition Rates & Payment Schedules
Our school is a wonderful blessing God has given us to share his gospel message with his little lambs. As you are aware, there is a cost to operate our school which is why tuition is charged. While the current collected tuition is helpful in maintaining our ministry at Christ the King, it doesn’t completely cover the operational costs of the school. Christ the King Evangelical Lutheran Church is a strong supporter of Christian-education. This support is primarily shown through subsidy given to every student (member and non-member) that attends Christ the King Lutheran School. This is not well known, because we don’t charge true-cost tuition. Currently, the true-cost of a part-time student is about $2,000 – $4,100 and a full-time student is about $6,200. We don’t charge true cost tuition, because we recognize that some families are not able to pay this amount and we never want cost to be the main reason a family can’t receive a quality, Christ-centered education at Christ the King. In addition to this subsidy, discounts are given to member, military, and multi-child families.